HOUSE OF LATIBEAU - Responsible Bridalwear

An ethical and sustainable alternative to traditional bridalwear. Follow the journey of Latibeau as we prepare to launch.

Monday 22 March 2010

Welcome to The House of Latibeau.

This blog, launch and set up of this company is well over due.

I have been designing and making bridalwear - wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, evening wear and traditional clothing since 2005 and decided in 2009 that it was time to launch my bridal business.

I wanted to launch it in a sustainable and responsible way as I am aware of the throwaway - one time use of bridalwear and so decided to create an alternative option to bridalwear.

So in September 2009 I set up Latibeau ltd as a social enterprise company - limited by guarantee.

Why the name you ask.

Well ... my great grandmother from Jamaica, whom I was blessed to meet when she was 93 years old and still going strong. Her maiden name was Latibeaudiere. I wanted to create a family business based on my skill as a designer dressmaker which could be passed down through the business so simply reduced the name down to Latibeau....aka The House of Latibeau.

All dresses and product are made from sustainable materials and also recycled materials. (We are launching our recycle your dress scheme soon where you can send in your used wedding dresses, veils etc to be recycled...so watch out for this!)

Latibeau works with production unit which is also a womens charity in London's Brick Lane originally set up to support Bangladesh women coming to England to teach them English, IT skills and sewing skills and provide them with work to get them on their feet.

I am also in talks with a few charities and plan to donate to a womens charity in a country in East Africa where young women do not have an easy start to life and it is my heart, desire and focus  to donate my business to ways of empowering women.

Watch out for the launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment